Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gabi Gets Tubes

Our baby had tubes put in her ears this morning. It was tougher on me than her but she did FANTASTIC! She was reading books and chatting with all of the staff. She did not cry ONCE! She was however, worried about all the other screaming babies...my sweetheart! She kept saying "Baby, baby, cry." It was sweet. She was in the operating room for maybe 15 minutes and then Aaron and I got to go in with her. It was HORRIBLE seeing her with an oxygen mask on her face. She came to about 10 minutes later and quickly pulled everything off of her face. Moments later she was GABIng away. No tears. No whining. But, she she did down two graham crackers and a cup of apple juice! Even the doctors and nurses commented on what a good patient she was.

Back at home Gabi napped and ate as usual. She was fed her favorite meal of spaghetti and devoured it as per usual. Aaron and I have been a mess since last Thursday when we learned our baby girl would need tubes. But, through the grace of God she is back to her old self, running around and perfectly happy. We are SO blessed! Thank you all for your prayers!













3 comments:

  1. What a blessing that she did so well!! Great job Gabi!! I LOVE the hat and coat! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....My poor baby. I wish Nina could have been their. I cant beleve she did so well. She must take after Aaron....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, glad everything went well. I love the picture of her in the basket with her toys. It reminds me of Madi right now, she always likes to climb in buckets and baskets. Can;t wait to see you guys.

    Hollie and Shaun

    ReplyDelete